Glossary of terms related to fitness domain names
Knowing the exact meaning of some common terms and how they differ gives you a clear understanding and eventually you can make your decisions with confidence.
- Domain or Domain Name : This is the name of a website that you type in the address bar, like Amazon.com or Yahoo.com
- Website or Site : A website includes the domain name, but also the pages that the website’s visitors see.
- Hosting : Your website’s pages are hosted in a computer. This computer belongs to a company, the hosting provider. You must have a hosting package with them. You are effectively renting the company’s computer to host and show your pages to your website visitors. Typical prices for hosting are $5-$15 a month.
- Registrar : The registrar is a company that holds your domain names, like Godaddy.com and Namesilo.com . Every domain name you own incurs an annual fee paid to the registrar, usually $10-$15.
- Registrant : The owner of a domain name. It can be a person or a company. When you buy a domain name, you become its registrant.
- Transfer of Domain Name : The process of transferring a domain name from one owner to another. It usually takes less than an hour.
Can’t find what you were looking for ? Did we leave something important out ? Contact us and we’ll take care of it !