Checklist : Is this domain name suitable for your fitness business ?
This is a complete checklist that you can use at any time to verify that a fitness domain name is suitable for business.
- Is the domain name descriptive or hinting to your company’s activities ? A good domain name communicates what you do instantly. At the very least, your domain should hint to people who see it that you have some relation to fitness.
- Is the domain name memorable ? Names with uncommon or irrelevant words should be avoided. Very long names are not sticky.
- Is the domain name a .COM ? Good brandable names are registered in .COM. Anything else hurts your professional image.
- Is the domain name easy to say ? Is it easy to spell ? A good name should pass the so-called “Radio Test”, ie. a potential customer must be able to find the company website after listening to a commercial and hearing the company domain name mentioned.
- Is the domain name short ? Shorter names are easier to remember. The shorter, the better.
- Has the domain name ever been banned or de-indexed by Google or other search engines and directories ? That would make finding your website nearly impossible.
- Has the domain name ever been used for spamming, scam, fraud, porn etc in the past ? The previous owners of the domain (if any) may have made bad use of the domain. A poor online reputation will undermine your company’s efforts.
- Does the domain infringe on any existing trademarks ? A domain name that violates a registered trademark can not be used.